- Review and organize client tax documents.
- Prepare federal and state income tax returns for businesses, individuals, and trusts as well as organizing and developing a supporting documentation/workpaper file for the returns, as needed.
- Provide any necessary client support via phone and email.
- Keep client files up to date as new information is received.
- Research and interpret tax laws and regulations.
- Respond to client inquiries including IRS, State and Local tax notices.
- Build effective long-term relationships with our clients, understand their unique needs, and provide a tailored service.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, supported by significant tax, business, or financial planning experience.
- Recent graduates & those who will graduate in 2022 with Accounting, Economics, or other related degrees are encouraged to apply.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong communication skills – Must be able to communicate with clients and the team in a friendly and professional manner.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team. Most of the workday is spent working independently, but there are several occasions where the team comes together to improve firm efficiency and processes.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Highly motivated and conscientious.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience preparing individual, business, and/or trust returns.
- Experience with CCH Axcess.
- Two-years of accounting experience.
- CPA or actively pursuing CPA certification.
What we provide:
- Competitive salary plus tax season bonuses, 401(k) matching, health insurance, flexible work hours, vacation, personal time, and reimbursement for CPA exam expenses.
- Hybrid options available.
- Small team environment.
- Strong client base, in business over 40 years.
- Beautiful location in Edina, easy on/off of Hwy 100 & Vernon Ave/50th.
- Natural sunlight and a great view of downtown from our 5th floor offices.
- Free covered parking.
- Plenty of nearby food options, dry cleaner, barber, salon, hardware store and grocery store with plenty of options all located in the same building.
- Kitchen w/many options, to satisfy all: including snacks (chocolate, nuts, etc.), coffee, tea, Keurig, etc. Team lunches on Friday’s during tax season and so much more!
- Business Casual.
- Not on public transportation route, but commuter friendly community with designated bike lanes and some electric vehicle hook ups.
- Shortened Summer work hours.
Contact (NO agencies or recruiters):