To our Clients and Friends:
As you are aware, changes have occurred very quickly in our day-to-day life due to the COVID-19 pandemic. At Ellingson & Ellingson, we have been closely monitoring our operations as we strive to carry on our exceptional client service through these uncertain times. Our priority is to prevent the potential spread of illness among our staff, clients, and community. After reviewing recommendations by government officials and agencies, we have decided to temporarily close our physical offices beginning at 5:00PM on Friday, March 20th. However, our staff will be working remotely and will have access to communication primarily through email or the forwarding of telephone calls to our cellular phones.
You can use one of the following options to send documents to us:
- Send documents via the United States Postal Service.
- Upload documents to us via our secure electronic delivery system. You can use the following link to send files to us using this method: Send files securely
- Email can always be used to send documents that do not need to be sent securely.
Delivery of your documents (tax returns, etc.)
- The preferred method for delivery of your documents is electronically via our secure email system.
- If electronic delivery does not work for you, we can mail your documents to you via the Unites States Postal Service.
This is historically our busiest time of the year and the COVID-19 pandemic provides a great challenge to us, as with many other businesses and individuals in our community. We will continue to monitor Federal and state tax changes that impact your filings and will provide you with updates as they become available. The IRS is currently providing the following relief for making tax payments:
90-day Deferral of Income Tax Payments:
To provide economic relief, the IRS and Treasury Department has allowed the deferral of tax payments up to $1 million for individuals and $10 million for corporations up to 90 days without penalty or interest. Update: this now applies to the filing deadline as well.
Your patience during this time is greatly appreciated and thank you for placing your trust in us. If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Ellingson & Ellingson